Sunday, March 31, 2019

CCR #1 draft

The product that I created, Florida Sports Magazine, uses conventions in the font type. The font that was used in my magazine is consistent with the type of font that is used in magazines such as Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, and SLAM Magazine, being blocky and easy to read. The cover uses a photo of my main person in the article, Vincent Parisi, and makes him the focus of the readers attention. I went with the orange and black font to match my cover subjects team, as most sports magazines do. I then placed the smaller articles titles around the picture to further highlight Parisi.
In my table of contents I really stayed by the book and simple, by using the same font color and type as the cover, a block font that is easy to read. I overlayed the table of contents onto the state of Florida, with the same theme color as the rest of the magazine. I kept the font the same as in the cover portion of the magazine, which again makes it easy to read for my target audience of high schoolers.
In the article pages I put a big header as my title, to catch the eyes of the reader immediately. I also wanted to highlight my pictures on the page, so I put a shadow picture effect in the background to make them stand out which is common in most magazines. The text i used in my article is black on a white background to make for an easy read. My columns are traditionally spaced in two separate blocks, with the pictures to separate them on one, and one column and pictures on the other side for the other. These create a natural flow of reading, and also tie the pictures into the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment